In fact, I was somewhat intrigued by the amount of biblical support for this aspect of God's nature, especially the word "finish."
- Daniel used it (Daniel 12:7) when talking about how God will finish his work in the tribulation.
- Paul used it when speaking of how God will finish his work in us on the day of Christ (Phil. 1:6).
- Jesus used it multiple times in John (4:34, 5:36, 17:4, 19:30) when speaing of his role on earth as the God-man -- to finish the Father's work!
- The writer of Hebrews used it to describe Jesus as the finisher of our faith (Heb. 12:2).
- Paul used it in Romans (9:28) to tell how God would finish the work he began with the Jewish nation.